Canada is one of the world’s leading economies and is a conducive environment for individuals seeking to work abroad.
To be able to go to Canada to work, you must first find a job.
The employer must be willing to employ someone who is not from Canada.
The employer must know you are not a citizen or resident.
If the employer is aware and still wants to hire you, then they are sponsoring you.
A Canadian visa sponsorship means that the employer in Canada is hiring you and they are assuring government authorities that you will be a legal working resident.
The employer will state the job position that is offered to you.
Also, the employer must guarantee that you will get the same salary as a Canadian citizen in the same job position.
The employer visa sponsorship is a set of documents that are sent to Canada Citizenship and Immigration Services.
The documents must have different forms with the employment information.
They must also state that the employer is willingly hiring you.
Working in Canada without a visa means you are working illegally. If you are caught, the consequence is that you will be arrested and deported.
You can only apply for the visa, after getting a job offer or an employment contract from a Canadian employer.
The employer must get Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) forms which allow them to be able to recruit foreign skilled workers for occupations that can’t be filled by citizens or residents of Canada.
Work Visa Sponsorship Permits in Canada
There are two main types of work permits available in Canada; they are:
- Open Work Permit
This visa work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada. This visa is not job-specific in Canada.
With this work visa, you can work for any company in Canada except those companies that do not comply with labor requirements.
This permit can come with certain conditions such as the type of work, places where you can work, and duration of work.
- Employer Specific Work Permit
As the name implies, this visa permit allows you to only work for a certain employer. The employer must obtain the ESDC and LMIA form.
There are certain jobs in Canada that do not require a permit before you can work there only the visa sponsorship is needed; some of them are:
- Athlete or coach
- Short-term highly skilled worker
- Public speaker
- Judge or referee
- Expert investigator
- Emergency service provider
- Performing artist
- Short term researcher
- Foreign government officer
- A family member of foreign government officer
But some certain jobs require a valid work visa permit and visa sponsorship before you can work in Canada.
These jobs include caregivers and agricultural workers.
Eligibility Requirements To Apply For Visa Sponsorship To Canada
To be able to apply for job visa sponsorship in Canada, you must meet the certain requirements:
- Proof that you will move out of Canada once your visa expires.
- Proof that you have funds to support yourself during your stay in Canada
- Police clearance certificate
- Medical examination and proof
- Language skill
- Biometric data
- You should be able to provide any documents needed.
Documents Required To Apply For Visa Sponsorship To Canada
You need to have the following documents ready before you apply for visa sponsorship in Canada:
- A valid international passport
- Two recent professional photograph
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of work experience
- Proof of professional qualification
- Proof of adequate financial resources
- Medical exam document from the registered hospital
- Proof of payment of application fee
- If required, Certificat D’Acceptation du Quebec
- Evidence of relationships with spouse and children.
- Fill and complete the application form IMM 1295 for work visa sponsorship applied from outside Canada.
- Completed form IMM 5488 which is the document checklist
- Completed form IMM 5645 which contains family information
- Completed form Schedule One –TRV which is the temporary resident visa application
- Completed form IMM 5409 which is a legal statement of common-law union
- Completed form IMM 5476 which is only for use of a representative
Finding Employers For Visa Sponsorship To Canada
Before going to Canada, from your home country you can check out for Canadian companies that are actively recruiting workers from other countries.
- Check the Canadian Embassy to know if there are any job fairs of Canadian businesses in that area.
- Search for industry in your areas that do host job fairs and includes Canadian businesses.
- Check with universities that have degree programs in your area of study to see if they do partner with Canadian institutions for career fair.
Companies In Canada Offering Visa Sponsorship
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada
PwC Canada has for over 100 years helped Canadian businesses and organizations thrive.
Their industry focuses on audit, tax, deals, and consults target solutions for cybersecurity, privacy, financial crime, finance transformation, value creation, strategic reassessment, and cost optimization.
They use their expertise to build trust within society and solve important problems.
- Parish & Heimbecker Farming
This is a family business with roots in agriculture for more than 100 years in Canada.
P&H is growth-oriented, diversified, and has operations from grain merchandising, crop input, flour milling, and feed mills.
P&H uses its well-established network of assets, customer relationship, and infrastructure development to support Canadian agricultural producers from seed to final shipment and every step in between.
They offer work visa sponsorship to foreigners outside the country.
This is a Canadian company that delivers audit, tax, advisory services.
For over 150 years, they have provided consulting, accounting, auditing, and tax services to Canadian organizations.
They respond to clients’ complex challenges across the country and around the world.
KPMG offers job visa sponsorship to people outside Canada seeking jobs.
- Embridge Inc.
Enbridge is one of the leading energy delivery companies in North America that offers visa sponsorship to different people from other countries.
They deliver the energy people need to heat up their homes, keep their lights on regularly keeping them mobile and connected.
They connect energy supply with growing markets in North America through liquid pipelines, natural gas pipelines, gas distribution and storage, and renewable energy.
There are so many ways to create and apply for job visa sponsorship in Canada and I hope this article has helped you along the way.
Have a great day.