Pro Vita provides contract care services for a variety of health environments spanning Independent Living to Complex Care.
We are a BC based, locally owned and operated company established and incorporated in 2003. Our mission is to uphold the highest standards of quality at the greatest economical value in the provision of Care Services for the benefit of our clients and customers.
We provide a range of disciplines in health care, from Director of Care; Registered Nurses (R.N), Licenced Practical Nurses (L.P.N); to certified resident care aides, certified recreation staff and rehab assistants.
Pro Vita has long-term operations in multiple sites throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Our employees number in excess of 1600 offering services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Through controlled growth, continuous innovation, and commitment to its mission, Pro Vita is positioning itself to become a leader in the Health Care Industry.
Location: Penticton, BC
Salary: $28.43 to $32.98 hourly for 5 to 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment
Job Type: Part-time leading to full time
Experience an asset
Nursing home/home for the aged
- Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects.
- Take vital signs, apply aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensure infection control, monitor nutritional intake and conduct specimen collection.
- Monitor established respiratory therapy and intravenous therapy.
- Provide safety and health education to individuals and their families.
- Provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures.
- Monitor patients’ progress, evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions and consult with appropriate members of healthcare team.
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Eligible for licensure as a practical nurse by the province/territory of work, CPR Certificate and First Aid Certificate
Security and safety
Criminal record check, Immunization records and Tuberculosis test
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking and Standing for extended periods
Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits
As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Maternity and parental benefits
Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
To apply for this job please visit provita-external.scouterecruit.net.