ParaMed has been providing home care and wellness solutions across Canada since 1974 and is a nationally accredited provider with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada.
We ensure our care providers are fully trained, have access to ongoing training, have the necessary coordination and management support, are properly supervised and coached on best practices.
At ParaMed, it means placing your needs at the heart of all our actions and decisions so your experiences far exceed your expectations.
Location: Kingston, ON
Salary: $28.00 to $35.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment
Job Type: Full time (On the road job)
Other trades certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Home care and visiting care agency and Private residence
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions.
- Collaborate to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care.
- Conduct disease screening.
- Dispense and administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician.
- Manage home care cases.
- Monitor, assess, address, document and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Operate or monitor medical apparatus or equipment.
- Provide nursing care.
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
CPR Certificate, First Aid Certificate and Licensure as a Registered Nurse by provincial or territorial authorities
Security and safety
Criminal record check, Immunization records and Tuberculosis test
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Attention to detail, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Fast-paced environment and Physically demanding
Client focus, Efficient interpersonal skills, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Flexibility, Judgement, Reliability and Team player
Dental plan, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits
Bonus and Mileage paid
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Learning/training paid by employer and Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
To apply for this job please visit www.paramed.com.