Location: Caledon, ON
Salary: $26.25 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment
Job Type: Full time
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
Relocation costs covered by employer
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- Drive lighter, special purpose trucks.
- Load and unload goods.
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Oversee condition of the vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Pay and receive payments for goods.
- Perform brake adjustments.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of the vehicle.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled and fuel consumption.
- Tarping and ensuring the safety and security of cargo.
- Transport and handle dangerous goods.
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
AZ class license
Experience and specialization
Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trip reports
Type of Trucking and Equipment
Communication systems experience
Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Personal suitability, Flexibility, Organized, Reliability and Team player
Long-term benefits and Group insurance benefits
Learning/training paid by the employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org