The University of Edinburgh surgery is one of the world’s leading universities and has a long history of excellence in surgery.
To continue this tradition, it is offering scholarships for students from developing countries who are interested in pursuing a career in surgery.
The scholarship program is administered by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd). RCSEd is a leading authority on surgical education and training, and the M.Sc. The surgery program has been designed in consultation with surgeons from around the world.
The program focuses on teaching practical skills that surgeons need to work in resource-limited settings. Students who are awarded scholarships will have access to world-class learning resources, including online lectures, simulations, and case studies.
The scholarships are open to students who are enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate degree programs in surgery at the University of Edinburgh.
The scholarships are worth £7,500 each and will be awarded for two years, starting in 2022.
The scholarships cover the full tuition for the M.Sc. program in surgery, however, this is determined by the student’s progress, also, covers the cost of internet access, as well as the cost of printing and overall carriage of assigned projects.
Read also: Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students At The University Of Kent – UK, 2022/2023
University of Edinburgh Surgery Online Global Scholarships 2022/2023 for Students from Developing Countries (Eligibility Requirements)
Before you can gain access to this scholarship’s awards and benefits, you have to meet some requirements that confirm you are eligible for this prestigious scholarship.
Below are some of the requirements that need to be met to confirm eligibility.
- The scholarships will be awarded to applicants who are accepted for admission to the MSc Surgical Sciences (Online Learning) and ChM (Online Learning) General Surgery, Urology, Trauma & Orthopaedics, Vascular & Endovascular.
- Applicants must be residents in Africa, South Asia, Caribbean Islands, Pacific Islands, or Central and South America.
University of Edinburgh Surgery Online Global Scholarships 2022/2023 for Students from Developing Countries (Application Process)
Note that the Edinburgh online scholarship application for 2022-2023 deadline is June 1 2022 and so applications are closed.
After confirming that you are fully eligible to apply for this scholarship, you can now apply by following some steps. Below are some of the steps you can take to apply for this scholarship.
1. Complete A EUCLID Application Required Documents – All Programs
All EUCLID Applications are done online, also scans of all necessary documents will be required. Therefore below is the documentation needed for the EUCLID Application.
- A Basic Medical Degree (MBChB or equivalent), that is currently recognized and in use by the General Medical Council.
- Obtain a copy of your basic medical degree’s final transcript. This is an official University document that is usually, but not always, issued at the same time as the degree. It contains a record of all of the courses you took and the grades you received during your degree.
- One referee’s information. On the online form, you will be able to enter your referee’s email address; the system will then email your referee immediately.
This enables your referee to submit an electronic reference to your application. If you get your reference personally, it must be written on the referee’s institution’s letterhead and signed and dated by the referee.
Please note that this reference is an academic document and so the points on this document should follow this order and contain the details below;
- Title and role of referee
- For how long and how well has the referee known the applicant.
- Their impression of your proficiency to carry out the study required in this program
- All other additional useful information should be included.
- A subjective statement verifying you are continuing your education in a supervised clinical environment.
2. Compile Your Personal Statement
Furthermore, while compiling your personal statement here are some points that you should ensure to include
- Your degree of training
- Existing employment
- Other study commitments ( you should not be embarking on any other postgraduate courses)
- Evidence of the English language.
If you don’t come from an English-speaking nation (as defined by UK Visas & Immigration), you’ll need to show proof of your English competence, such as an IELTS or TOEFL certificate.
Any language qualification test must be completed within two years of the program’s start date and must meet the minimum score requirements.
The University of Edinburgh will cover the cost of an IELTS exam if your scholarship application is approved and it is required to complete your EUCLID application.
If you meet the University’s English Language requirements, you will be given an unconditional offer, which you must accept.
By the end of August 2022, all candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.
If you diligently follow through with the application process given here, bearing in mind the eligibility requirements for this scholarship, you will successfully be able to apply for the University of Edinburgh Surgery Online Global Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries.
However, if you have further questions, or wish to find out more information concerning this scholarship, visit the official school website.